Applicants should submit:
- Application link: https://admit.xavier.edu/apply/
- Completed application (free online application)
- Official transcripts from accredited colleges and universities of completed coursework. Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited university.
ATTN: Admission Processing Center
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45207-5131
For electronic transcripts, send to:
- Official test scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), unless the applicant already has a master’s degree
TEST MAY BE WAIVED UNDER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA in undergraduate matriculation;or
- 3.2 or higher cumulative GPA graduate (15 credit hours or more completed at the graduate level); or
- Licensed teacher; or
- Graduate degree
- Three letters of recommendation
- Montessori Statement of Purpose and Professional Resume
- Copy of any MACTE-approved Montessori credentials completed. Students also need to send a letter of recommendation from the training program’s director, as well as submit a paper (5 page minimum, APA style) demonstrating prior learning of MACTE outcomes. This paper should be in the form of a Montessori Philosophical Tenets Rationale Paper and include discussion of the child, the Prepared Environment, Montessori materials, Montessori Planes of Development and Sensitive Periods, and the role of the teacher. The paper should also discuss topics in terms of all relevant teaching experience.
- Signed program requirement form
International student requirements:
- All international students are required to have a World Education Services report (also known as a WES report) to evaluate credentials and transcripts. Include all undergraduate transcripts and Montessori credentials for evaluation.
- International students must pass the TOEFL exam if English is your second language.
- International students may have additional application requirements. See http://www.xavier.edu/international-admission/graduate.cfm for more information.
- Note: International students in the U.S. cannot enroll in an online degree program to fulfill the legal requirement for an F-1 or J-1 visa.
This fully online program is authorized to provide online education in most states. View the complete list of approved states.