Applications for this program are accepted throughout the year and students may begin the program on any of the six start dates.
To apply for official acceptance as a degree-seeking student, submit the following application materials to the office of graduate services:
- Application link: https://admit.xavier.edu/apply/
- The online MBA application form (free online application)
- Official transcript(s) from all schools attended, sent directly from the college/university to graduate services, of all previous undergraduate and graduate course work (one per institution)
ATTN: Admission Processing Center
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45207-5131
For electronic transcripts, send to:
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
- Personal essay (optional)
- Official test scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- The GMAT is our preferred exam, but we will accept the GRE if you have already taken it or plan to take it for admission into another program.
- If you have previously taken the GRE and want to have your scores sent to Xavier, please contact GRE at 888 GRE-SCORE.
- GMAT info: http://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-exam.aspx
Note: International students in the U.S. cannot enroll in an online degree program to fulfill the legal requirement for an F-1 or J-1 visa.
MBA GMAT Waiver Policy
Though standardized test scores play a significant role in determining an MBA student’s potential, we at the Xavier’s Williams College of Business also recognize the value of professional work experience and certifications. Because of this, a request for GMAT/GRE waiver can be made by candidates who have five or more years of professional or military experience.
Why We Value Standardized Test Scores
Applicants to our MBA programs come from a wide range of professional and academic institutions. Because each of these universities and organizations impart a unique set of skills on our applicants, reviewing common factors such as standardized test scores can be extremely useful for our admissions committee. The traditional graduate school exams of GMAT and GRE are the tests that often provide this information.
The Value of Professional Experience
Creating a diverse community of students is an essential element of Xavier’s MBA programs. Our students bring unique experiences and perspectives to our classrooms, facilitating a rich, collaborative learning environment. Forgoing the GMAT/GRE permits established, mid-career individuals to focus on their graduate studies – tapping their experience, skills, and ideas – and not having to divert time, energy, and funding to a standardized test.
Military and the GMAT Waiver
Although we do not offer military members or veterans course credit for their service, we do value the leadership and decision-making skills developed during military service. For this reason, we also allow military members and veterans with five or more years of military experience to apply to our programs and request waiver of the GMAT/GRE.
Securing a GMAT/GRE Waiver
If you believe your professional experience qualifies you for a GMAT/GRE waiver when applying to Xavier’s online MBA program, please contact an admissions counselor at 855-815-3054 or firstname.lastname@example.org who can walk you through the process of applying without submitting test scores.
Applicants may petition for a GMAT/GRE waiver based on a variety of criteria, including
- a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- High Academic Achievement (note the average Xavier MBA student cumulative undergraduate g.p.a. is 3.2)
- Professional business certifications such as CPA, CFA, etc.
- Progressive work experience of 5 years or more with demonstrated career growth
- Completion of Masters or terminal degrees or post graduate certificates from degree granting institutions
Note: applicants must submit all other required application documents before a waiver will be officially granted.
The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request a standardized test score (GMAT or GRE) from any applicant. In rare cases during the review process, the Committee may not be able to make an informed decision solely on the information provided. In these cases, an admissions counselor will request a test score on the Committee’s behalf.
Applications are processed immediately upon receiving all of the necessary materials, and applicants are notified of their status as soon as possible. The admission committee considers all of the information contained in the admission application, including prior grades, test scores, and evidence of potential for success in graduate study.
Decisions are usually made within 2-3 business days.
Questions regarding the application process may be emailed directly to email@example.com
Tuition for the online MBA program is $799 per credit hour
The program is 39-44 credit hours, making the total degree cost $31,161 – $35,156 (note that this price is based on the 2016/2017 tuition).
There is a student fee of $6 per semester for full-time graduate students and $3 per semester for part-time graduate students.
The average cost of course materials is $250 per book per class.
This fully online program is authorized to provide online education in most states. View the complete list of approved states.
The Xavier University experience has been one of the greatest challenges in my life. I feel very prepared for future business challenges. The reputation of the school and quality of the professors gives me a significant boost in confidence.