If you are an experienced RN, and want a pathway to career advancement and a leadership role in the nursing field, consider earning an advanced nursing degree through Xavier’s online RN to MSN program. Xavier’s online MSN program prepares you for educational, consultative and managerial roles by providing top-quality education in a format that works with your busy schedule.
The RN to MSN program is designed for experienced, motivated registered nurses without a bachelor’s degree in any field who want a high quality MSN, demonstrate leadership potential, motivation, and have specific career goals. This program can be completed within two to three years, and is designed for part-time students. The 8-week course structure allows flexibility for full-time careers, family obligations and other life events.
The program begins with the student completing RN to MSN bridge course requirements (up to 18 credit hours) and then moving into our MSN program. The MSN curriculum requires a minimum of 36 credit hours, 10 of which are in elective courses. At this time, elective courses are available for the Forensics track. See the RN to MSN curriculum for specific information.
Why choose Xavier for your MSN?
- Xavier’s Nursing School is nationally ranked
- No residency required – 100% online program
- Flexible, eight-week courses
- Our accessible, responsive faculty is recognized for teaching excellence
- We treat students as individuals with unique goals, expertise, and needs
- Xavier’s Jesuit identity encourages students to approach health care with a strong ethical foundation.
- Our program is approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing
- Xavier University is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission
- The School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and endorsed by American Holistic Nurses Certification Corporation (AHNCC)
Xavier’s MSN Program is Endorsed by American Holistic Nurses Certification Corporation (AHNCC)
Xavier’s RN to MSN nursing program is one of only 12 programs in the United States endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Certification Corporation (AHNCC). With this endorsement, graduates are eligible to sit for the holistic nurse certification examination.
What is Holistic Nursing?
Holistic nursing is a set of core values that drives Xavier University’s mission to see each person holistically. Holistic nursing is defined by the AHNCC as “The art and science of caring for the whole person. It is based on the belief that dynamic mind-body-spirit interactions are ongoing and impact a person’s ability to grow and heal. Holistic nurses aim to promote health and wellness as they facilitate their client’s growth and healing. Health is a perception of wellness, and a quality of life. Holistic nurses work with people in all settings and at all phases of life. Their primary goal is to facilitate people to live their lives as fully as possible, in all situations.”