Xavier University’s online RN to MSN program is designed for RNs without a bachelor’s degree who are seeking an advanced nursing degree. In line with Xavier’s Jesuit mission, we seek students who demonstrate ability and have well-rounded experience. If you have a solid work ethic, are a self-motivated student and have a passion for nursing, you probably have what it takes to succeed in this program.
- Be a Registered Nurse with an unencumbered RN license in the state where practicum experiences are to be completed.
- Be a graduate of a diploma nursing program or a regionally accredited college or university’s associate degree nursing program with CCNE or ACEN (formerly NLNAC) accreditation (School of Nursing will verify).
- Have two years of experience as a registered nurse.
- Complete Xavier University’s free online application for admission
- Submit a resume or curriculum vitae outlining nursing experience
- Submit a typed, double-spaced 3-5 page narrative essay in the form of a Goal Statement: This autobiographical essay should reflect the applicant’s personal and professional growth and development, reflecting on post-high school learning experiences and practice settings that demonstrate to faculty your professional progression. Address future goals and how this education will help you achieve those goals. Such reflection may help solidify your direction and track for the graduate program.
- Send official transcript(s) from all schools attended, sent directly from the college/university to graduate services, of all previous undergraduate and graduate course work (one per institution):
- Xavier University
ATTN: Admission Processing Center
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45207-5131
- For electronic transcripts, send to: email@example.com
- Submit three professional recommendations (provide contact information for recommenders in online application. Electronic form will be sent to them via email).
- A personal or phone interview may be required.
- International applicants must be licensed registered nurses in the United States and must be licensed in the state in which they will participate in practicum experiences. International students may have additional application requirements. Visit http://www.xavier.edu/international-admission/graduate.cfm for more information.
- Note: International students in the U.S. cannot enroll in an online degree program to fulfill the legal requirement for an F-1 or J-1 visa.
No admission tests (i.e. GRE) are required for applying to this graduate nursing program.
Application Due Dates
Applications for this program are accepted throughout the year; Students may start classes in January, May, or August.
Applications are processed upon receiving all of the necessary materials, and applicants are notified of their status as soon as possible. The admission committee considers each applicant with a holistic view, as potential for success in graduate study is also considered.
This fully online program is authorized to provide online education in most states. View the complete list of approved states. Students must reside and complete practicum hours in approved states only.