We invite applications from students with a bachelor’s degree and a solid academic background. Applications for this program are accepted throughout the year and students may begin the program during any of the six start dates.
Non-degree seeking status
Students may complete an application form and register for up to 6 graduate credit hours as a “non-degree seeking graduate student” before they are formally admitted in the program.
- Students must turn in all required admissions materials before they are permitted to go beyond the first 6 hours.
- Students do NOT qualify for financial aid until formally admitted into the program.
Degree seeking status
To apply for official acceptance as a degree-seeking student, submit the following application materials to the office of graduate services:
- The online graduate application form (free online application).
- One official transcript sent directly from all colleges or universities that you have attended for any undergraduate and graduate course work. Applicants must have a degree from a regionally accredited university.
ATTN: Admission Processing Center
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45207-5131
For electronic transcripts, send to:
- Two positive letters of recommendation.
- GPA Requirements are:
- 3.0 out of 4.0 in the last two years of undergraduate matriculation; or,
- 2.7 cumulative GPA in undergraduate matriculation; or,
- 2.5 cumulative in the last two years of undergraduate matriculation with 5 years of work experience in a criminal justice or related field.
- Applicants not meeting the GPA requirements can submit official test scores for the GRE, MAT, or LSAT.
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam): The minimum score requirements is 143 on the verbal section and 3.0 of the analytical section
- MAT (Miller Analogies Test): The minimum scoring requirement for the MAT is 390
- LSAT (Law School Admission Test): The minimum scoring requirement for the LSAT is 138
- (Call (513) 745-3360 or email (XUGRAD below) to request a MAT or GRE test booklet. If you have previously taken the GRE and want to have your scores sent to Xavier, please contact GRE at 888 GRE-SCORE. Visit the LSAT website for more information.
Note: International students in the U.S. cannot enroll in an online degree program to fulfill the legal requirement for an F-1 or J-1 visa.
Tuition for the MS in Criminal Justice program is $596 per credit hour.
The program is 30 credit hours so the degree is just $17,880 total (note that this price is based on the 2016/2017 tuition).
This fully online program is authorized to provide online education in most states. View the complete list of approved states.
Xavier University’s criminal justice program is family at its best. It is a place where students and faculty share information and experience that enhance learning and promote understanding. It is where our hearts and our minds intersect. The result is a very special bond between people that often stands the test of time.
Cincinnati Police Department